Spirus Crayg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Useful Links for Baking & Cooking
Shelters for Feral and Wild Animals EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 7:51 am by Jovial

» USDA's List of Bioengineered Foods
Shelters for Feral and Wild Animals EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 3:41 am by Jovial

» Quail for Tick Control
Shelters for Feral and Wild Animals EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 1:04 am by Jovial

» New Dinosaur Discovered!
Shelters for Feral and Wild Animals EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 8:09 pm by Jovial

» Urine Odor Eliminator
Shelters for Feral and Wild Animals EmptyThu Sep 28, 2023 12:21 pm by Jovial

» Shelters for Feral and Wild Animals
Shelters for Feral and Wild Animals EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 4:44 pm by Jovial

» Armchair Travels
Shelters for Feral and Wild Animals EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 4:11 pm by Jovial

» Winter Solstice (Midwinter / Yule)
Shelters for Feral and Wild Animals EmptySat Sep 23, 2023 11:35 pm by Jovial

» Yule Festival December 21 - Jan 1
Shelters for Feral and Wild Animals EmptySat Sep 23, 2023 11:27 pm by Jovial

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shelters for Feral and Wild Animals

Go down

Shelters for Feral and Wild Animals Empty Shelters for Feral and Wild Animals

Post by Jovial Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:44 pm

I see a lot of people on social media posting pictures of feral and wild animals in urban areas. They're often drinking from backyard ponds or sheltering in outbuildings and outdoor recreation areas.

I think we humans should be providing more shelter to all kinds of outdoor animals. When we allow a pet to become a stray or a stray gives birth to feral offspring, I think we need to provide basic shelter for them.
I'm a fan -to an extent- of catch, sterilize and release programs, but believe Mother Nature will do all she can to keep a small breeding population wherever she can.  I do not want to see the world lose any more of its animal species, and I do believe that living free helps to keep the immune system healthy and leads to more genetic diversification -which can help ensure our living room lions and wolves are not necessarily going to become extinct if humans do.

As to wild animals, when take over their habitat and displace them, I believe we owe them some compensation. Furthermore, we need to prove we've evolved as a species by making peace with them in as many ways as possible and KEEPING our end of the bargain.  I think we can build more wildlife corridors -plan them right into our urban spaces, and outfit them with appropriate brush piles, burrows, cat trees, dens and nest boxes.

I also believe we need to provide water for wildlife. I'll write more about that subject elsewhere.

I do not believe in feeding most wild animals, with the exception of birds and possibly fish. But I do believe if we provide water and shelter in designated human-free wildlife corridors we'll go a long way toward insuring the conservation of many species.

Jovial
Admin

https://spiruscrayg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum